Yesterday I wrote about making a difference in someone’s life. After giving it some thought I realized that it can sometimes be hard to know how or what to do. So today I am giving you some ideas, websites, and some encouragement. First and foremost, if you want God to continue to bless you and to give you seed to sow, you need to be giving God His 10% and that does not go to a charity. It goes to your local church, the one you attend on a regular basis. Next, you should be regularly supporting that same church in any outreaches and missions.
Charities that I support or have supported (Please do your research! Some “charities” give more to their administrators than to the people they are supposed to be helping)
Feed the Children
If you are crafty, can knit or crochet:
Hats for the homeless
Knit a Square
Send a card, package, or a letter to a serviceman or woman:
Help a wounded soldier:
Wounded Warrior Project
Another opportunity if you can either knit or crochet is to make hats for newborns and donate to hospitals, or for adults and donate to nursing homes.
Here are some places to volunteer your time:
• Nursing home or hospitals-rock babies, push wheelchairs outside, visit or play board games with the patients.
• Daycares or schools- read with those learning to read students, help study, lunchroom supervision, playground supervision, decorating classrooms.
• Local food pantries- give out food, pick up food, load boxed, unload boxes.
• Abuse shelters
• Homeless shelters
• Soup kitchens
• Big Brothers or Big Sisters
• Sew clothes for the poor (there are several organizations who take donations, including “Little Dresses for Africa”
• Make Christmas shoeboxes (Part of Samaritan’s Purse “Operation Shoe Box”)
One on one:
• Offer to babysit for neighbors or young parents at your church (free of charge).
• Make a meal for a shut in, or new mothers, or anyone who is unable to cook for themselves, or for your busy Pastors and/or Church staff.
• Invite someone that doesn’t have a family to dinner.
• If you are a handyperson, offer to help with home repair.
• If you are mechanically inclined, offer your services to single moms, elderly, or widows.
• Volunteer in your Church’s nursery or youth program (if you don’t want to teach, make a snack, or decorate the rooms, do craft time).
• Volunteer to clean your Church, or to do the same for the elderly, or those new moms.
• Send out birthday cards to those without family.
• Take someone else’s children school shopping if they are low on funds.
• Bring a box of groceries to a needy family, or mail them a gas card.
• Find a missionary and support them financially, or donate goods to help their outreach (again, do your research!) If they only travel part time, offer to mow their yard, or water their plants while they are away.
• Take your Pastor’s out to lunch.
• Donate funds to your local Christian schools. They do not get government funding and still have to pay for staffing, heat, and supplies. (Here is the one I used to teach at, my daughter graduated from this wonderful school, New Testament Church Christian Academy P.O. Box 90 Merrill, Wisconsin, 54452. Your gifts here are tax deductible.)
Ok, I think you are getting the picture. The point is to invest yourself into someone other than yourself, or your own family, whether it is some “one shot” deals or ongoing commitments. Most Charities want you to commit to monthly giving, but I never do that. I send what I can, when I can, or when God lays it on my heart. Be led by His Spirit in your giving and you’ll never go wrong. Some of your giving is tax deductible, some is not, but don’t ever let that be your motivation in giving. Our motivation should always be the same thing that motivated Jesus, love.
Without any reservations, I will include our Church and our Ministry here.
What we do:
NTC Ministries is a relationship based Apostolic Network of ministers, churches and ministries Advancing the Kingdom of God across the globe. We are actively seeking to develop positive, cooperative, mutually beneficial relationships with ministers, churches and ministries. We facilitate connections and bring mutual support between ministries regionally, nationally and internationally. Those who God adds to our network become Partners working together with us in cooperation not competition to advance the Kingdom of God on earth. You have an opportunity to make an impact around the world.
By our collective efforts NTC Ministries has had a global impact with churches, ministries, Bible colleges, schools, orphanages, radio, television and outreach programs in Australia, Burkina Faso, Congo, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Panama, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, United States, Vietnam and Wales.
• Planting Churches •Providing Apostolic Oversight• Prophetically Bringing Support to Your Ministry Goals. • Providing Biblical Counsel to those in Five-Fold Ministry • Leadership Development & Biblical Church Government • Planting Bible Colleges and Schools of Ministry
• NTC Bible College • National & Regional Meetings • Licensing and Ordination for qualified ministers • Providing inclusion in our 501c3 group exemption for churches and ministries • NTC Resource Center • Opportunities to Develop Your Broadcast Ministry • Missions Impact Opportunities
Who we are:
Founded by Apostle Dr. William and Pastor Pam Hohman in 1986, New Testament Church boldly proclaims a faith and grace based message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The church’s ministries and outreaches include Christian day care, 3 and 4 year old pre-school, a K-12 Christian academy, a Bible college, a Christian radio station, and “His Hands Extended” food pantry. NTC Ministries supports missionary works in over thirty countries, including a Christian television station in the Philippines as well as works in a number of countries in Asia and Africa; these include orphanages, medical clinics, schools, colleges, and other missionary work. If you would like more information on NTC Ministries you can contact us at N2519 Hwy K, P.O. Box 90 Merrill, WI 54452. (715) 536-8554
Or follow one of these links: